As Cincinnati and Dayton continue to converge, West Chester Ohio has emerged as the economic center of the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex, the regional commerce corridor connecting the two major metropolitan areas. This super-region, with two international airports, ranks 18th in the nation with a population of nearly 3 million. The Cincinnati region ranks 13th in the nation for Fortune 500 companies. West Chester Ohio ranked as one of the TIME Money magazine's 2018 Best Places to Live in America.
West Chester Ohio’s strategic location in the heart of the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex provides companies access to an excellent primary labor market with a pool of more than 1.84 million professional, technical and manufacturing employees within a 30-minute drive time. West Chester has become an employment epicenter in the region with more than 3,600 thriving businesses and nearly 51,600 employees.
Driving this employment growth are factors such as 3 of the 10 largest regional industrial parks are located in West Chester Ohio, as is a regional medical campus with a full-service hospital, 5 universities, along with the continued growth of the 8th largest public school system in Ohio, the nationally acclaimed Lakota Schools, ranking as Ohio’s largest “Excellent” school district 16 years running.
- Of the more than 3,600 businesses, West Chester's working population is primarily in the professional services category:
- 43.0% Professional Services (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, IT, Education, Healthcare)
- 23.0% are Retail, Food Service, Accommodations, Recreation
- 17.6% are Manufacturing
- 7.9% Wholesale/Distribution
- 3.6% Construction
- 2.7% Public Administration
- Eight of the top twenty five Cincinnati-Dayton region’s employers have a presence in West Chester--5/3rd Bank, P&G, Kroger, TriHealh, UC Health/West Chester Hospital, General Electric/GE Aviation, Miami University
- Seven of the top twenty five Cincinnati-Dayton region's major employers have a presence in West Chester--General Electric/GE Aviation, AK Steel, Tyson Foods, Kroger, United Dairy Farmers, Mitsubishi, Procter & Gamble
- West Chester Hospital/UC Health--1st new full-service hospital to be built in Greater Cincinnati region in over 25 years, opened May 2009 with 160 beds and now has appoximately 1,045 employees
West Chester economic development staff works closely with Workforce One of Butler County, the "one-stop" career center for employment and training needs. Workforce One is Butler County's "one-stop" location to connect job seekers with employers. www.workforceoneofbutlercounty.com
The following links will direct you to facts, figures and resources regarding West Chester Township's available workforce.
- West Chester Major Employers
- West Chester Workforce Statistics
- West Chester In Good Company, Private Investment
- West Chester Foreign Investment
- Map of Downtown West Chester Employers
- Butler County