As Cincinnati and Dayton continue to converge, West Chester Ohio has emerged as the economic center of the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex, the regional commerce corridor connecting the two major metropolitan areas. This super-region, with two international airports, ranks 19th in the nation with a population of more than 3 million. West Chester Ohio ranks as one of the TIME Money magazine's Best Places to Live in America.
West Chester Ohio’s strategic location in the heart of the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex provides companies access to an excellent primary labor market with a pool of more than 1.85 million professional, technical and manufacturing employees within a 30-minute drive time. West Chester has become an employment epicenter in the region with nearly 3,700 thriving businesses and more than 55,000 employees.
Driving this employment growth are several of the largest regional industrial parks, UC Health's full-service medical hospital and adjacent medical campus, five universities, Class A Office properties with amenties along Interstate 75, and the continued growth of the 8th largest public school system in Ohio of the nationally acclaimed Lakota School District.
- Of the nearly 3,700 businesses, West Chester's working population is primarily in the professional services category:
- 45.5% Professional Services (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, IT, Education, Healthcare)
- 22.0% are Retail, Food Service, Accommodations, Recreation
- 18.3% are Manufacturing
- 7.7% Wholesale/Distribution
- 3.9% Construction
- 2.5% Public Administration
- Nine of the top twenty five Cincinnati-Dayton region's major employers have a presence in West Chester--Kroger, TriHealth, Procter & Gamble, UC Health, General Electric/GE Aviation, Fifth Third Bank, Miami University, Amazon and US Bank.
- Six of the top twenty five tri-state's largest manufacturers have a presence in West Chester--General Electric/GE Aviation, Cleveland Cliffs, Tyson Foods, Kroger, United Dairy Farmers, and Procter & Gamble.
- West Chester Hospital/UC Health--1st new full-service hospital to be built in Greater Cincinnati region in over 25 years, opened May 2009 with 160 beds and now has appoximately 1,400 employees
West Chester economic development staff works closely with Workforce One of Butler County, the "one-stop" career center for employment and training needs. Workforce One is Butler County's "one-stop" location to connect job seekers with employers. www.workforceoneofbutlercounty.com
The following links will direct you to facts, figures and resources regarding West Chester Township's available workforce.
- West Chester Major Employers
- West Chester Major Businesses by Industry
- Foreign Investment in West Chester
- West Chester Workforce Statistics
- Butler County
- REDI Cincinnati